Thursday, September 9, 2010

I am ready for some football, yes

So as I'm bored, let's break down the Bears schedule for this year and how I think we'll do. Right now, having not looked at it, I'm gonna guess 8-8 and Lovie getting fired, because that's what'll happen. Player wise, I feel that Cutler will have a similar year, only slightly bigger (4000 yards, 30 TDs, 30 INTs). Forte will probably get 1500 yards, 10 TDs (yeah im probably overvaluing it, but I've never made player predictions before. Plus I figure there would be a mess of dump passes from Cutler when he gets rushed).

I love football. Baseball is my first love and always will be, but football provides a very large and welcome change. I need a mental health break after a baseball season, especially this baseball season. Later in the fall I'll break down how to fix the Cubs (short answer: lots of spending on good players, doy doy doy), but for now, football predictions. Football unites the city, and allows for some great strategy plays. Baseball has some yes, but I don't necessarily enjoy talking about them. Football youre choosing between run or pass (btw, Chicago, on 3rd and 15, you pass the ball, ya idjits. Running doesnt help) and you gotta choose where to run or pass. My favorite day of the year is Leftover Bowl, the day after Thanksgiving, and I will try to get a mess more pictures from this upcoming one. Nothing better than real life tackle football without helmets. Grunt grunt grunt wooo!

My love of running backs like Walter Payton or Matt Forte or Barry Sanders or Emmit Smith or Chris Johnson or even begrudgingly Adrian Peterson is why I like playing RB during leftover bowl. I get to carry the ball and smash people? Sweet flipping deal! The benefits of training for the FBI is that I've been getting stronger and hopefully more able to crush some skulls during the Leftover Bowl. Because I am vain, I will try to get some video of me being awesome during Leftover Bowl. Two and three years ago I was a running back, and last year I played a blocking tight end. This year, I'm going back to running back I think, and hopefully being dominant while doing it. Granted, I gotta look out for Jose and Craig and Nate and Karl rushing me, but hopefully two of those will be on my team and blocking the other two. Plus, since I've been running so much, hopefully my legs won't start hurting halfway through like last year.

I can't throw the ball with quarterback awesomeness, but I can catch moderately well, so I figure I'll break out wide on a few plays, and then try to hurdle the d a few times and get some spin moves going. Every guy dreams of that one breakaway run, and I had one a few years ago. I want more, I'm hungry for this game. I blame Hendu for the love of football, and our great years in flag football. This year, Karl will be back, and I'm pretty sure Nate is coming. If I could get Jack, Dan, and Steve showing up that would be even greater. Dan, if you're reading this, I want you there. Come on, dude, it'll be great. Steve and Jack, if youre in the Chicagoland area, you gotta come. Steve, I'll even let Karl be on your team in order to keep any... problems... from occurring. As for Purdue peeps, any of you who want to drive up from Purdue, this is totally worth it. Tackling that has (as of now) not broken any bones (knock on wood) and some outstanding plays makes this one of the most fun games ever. Plus, music, cheerleaders (my sister and a few friends), photographers (them again) and maybe even some spectators (depending on if I can get my parents outside) makes this seem like a real football game.

In any case, Bears breakdown. I realize this is getting long, so I'll make the breakdowns short.

Lions - W. We're hungrier than they are and our team is slightly better.
Cowboys - L. I hate them a lot, but they're a good team. Blowing us outta the water.
Packers - W, because we take one every year. This is at home, they'll take the other
Giants - Push, but probably a L. More talent there than here, but it'll be mediocre
Panthers - L, as their RBs are really good. QB sucks, but we'll see.
Seahawks - W. The NFC West outside SF is terrible. TERRIBLE.
Redskins - W but close. McNabb is good but has dick all to throw to.
Bills - W. They make the NFC West look professional. Terrible almost all around
Vikings - L. Unless Favre is broken. But most likely a loss.
Dolphins - W, because I gave us a L at NYG. We'll win one and lose the other of these two.
Eagles - L. Kolb has a lot of weapons to throw to. Can he be good? Maybe. Passable? Definitely.
Lions - W again as we'll be hungry again and ready for a kill.
Patriots - W. This team was good, but they did no upgrading, Randy Moss is whiny again, and we'll be trying to get a win to get into the playoffs.
Vikings - L, because Favre has more weapons than Kolb. The vikings only needed a QB and they got a decent one.
Jets - L, because Rex Ryan is a hungry and awesome bastard.
Packers - L, as I explained before.

So that breaks down to 8-8, just like i predicted. Third in NFC North, and maybe some hope for the future. Questions, drop a comment and I'll answer it for you

3 comments:

  1. All I read was blaaaaah blaaaaaaaaah blaaaaaaah...my sister and a few friends (YAY! that's me!)....blaaaah blaaaaaaah football!

    -your sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wouldn't hold out much hope for that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. so why do you hate the vikings? <3 favre

    ReplyDelete